Friday, April 25, 2014

Looking for Positives!

Yesterday, I could easily have had a bad day.  I had an epiphany.  What's an epiphany?  I'm not sure, but I think it's an 'AHA' moment...I had an 'Aha' moment at work.  The computer monitor for the front desk had malfunctioned.  They needed another monitor so guess who's monitor was loaned out...yep, mine.  It's okay.  It's not really my monitor; however, they did bring in a new monitor.  New size, new shape, and old equipment trying to work with new equipment which in this wonderful age of technology does not work sometimes. In my work, I must write and edit.  So this new monitor (really older monitor) did not like the new technology on my work computer.  Because of this, the resolution was off and the monitor could not handle this so I had a beautiful black box right smack dab in the middle of my screen for the first four hours of work.  The first report needed to be completed right away because it was needed by someone else right away and so on and so forth, so that I felt I could not take the time to figure out the solution to my problem.  My manager was also having 'one of those days'.  I decided it would be better if I just worked and then when on lunch, I would figure out what I needed to do to fix the problem.  You see, I may work on a computer but I don't know that much about them per se....meaning my wonderful hubby usually problem solves all my computer issues.  In the midst of the morning, the fray of the battle, the eye of the storm...etc., etc. blah, blah, blah... I started laughing.  I could not believe it.  I really started belly jiggling, chuckling all with the black box,  1 in. x 3 in. square, right smack dab in the middle of my screen - no moving it.  Thankfully, I could move my documents around so the black box did not circumvent my attempt to get work completed.  But it made me so very happy to laugh instead of getting angry and upset.  It had been so long since I had a positive response to a negative situation.  It was liberating.  I hope I do as well to respond in a like manner in the future because I was in a better mood all day long albeit it was a 'Full Moon Day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment